- Back to Home »
- How to Do SEO for Your Website - SEO Startup Guideline
Following these simple tips will definitely boost your traffic and online look for results positioning positions for free.
1. Create sure your website is not under construction, imperfect, with little or no original material.
2. When your website is ready, publish it to Search engines, Search engines, MSN and ASK.com. Consider also submitting to other online look for motor but most of them are powered by these four leading google. Submit also your website to reputable high PR web internet directories, open internet directories, classifieds and bookmarking websites such as del.icio.us, furl, etc.
3. Submit your sitemap to Search engines, Search engines, MSN and ASK.com (sitemap for google usually in XML format)
4. Offer sitemap to your targeted traffic for easy web page navigation. (sitemap for guests in HTML format)
5. Create exclusive and wealthy material websites. Prevent duplicate material. Do not create multiple webpages, sub-domains, websites, mirror websites or websites with different websites but same material.
6. Examine search phrases and ensure that they are appropriate and actually are contained in your website. Prevent search phrases stuffing.
7. Use written text instead of images in your material, hyperlinks and important subjects.
8. Create your TITLE and ALT tags descriptive, simple and keyword wealthy. Prevent irrelevant and repeated search phrases.
9. Headline tag should be 60-80 figures highest possible length.
10. Meta tag description should be 160-180 figures including spaces. (about 25-30 words)
11. Meta Tag search phrases must be 15-20 terms highest possible.
12. Optimize Pages with Headings (H1, H2, H3..) containing your website's primary search phrases.
13. Validate your CSS and HTML. Examine for errors and broken hyperlinks.
14. If your website contains powerful pages(i.e., the URL contains a "?" character), you should use SEO friendly URLs. Search engines' spiders having difficulty listing powerful webpages.
15. Maximum hyperlinks per web page must be fewer than 100. Prevent the risk of being flagged as weblink farm by google.
16. Use Lynx as written text browser to evaluate your website. (http://lynx.isc.org/)
17. Allow look for crawlers (good ones) to crawl your websites without session IDs or arguments that track their path through the website. Using these techniques may result in imperfect listing of your website.
18. Examine your web server/host if it supports the If-Modified-Since HTTP header. It tells google whether your material has changed since last indexed your website. It will save you bandwidth, resources to avoid hosting server overload.
19. Use Robots.txt computer file to handle and control spiders in listing your website. You can allow and disallow spiders and choose internet directories you want to be indexed and indexed. But with bad crawlers or junk crawlers you need to modify your HTACCESS computer file to properly and effectively handle crawlers or spiders. Visit http://www.robotstxt.org/wc/faq.html to learn more about Robots.txt computer file.
20. Do not make an effort to present different material to google than what you display to your targeted traffic.
21. Prevent dirty tricks and exploiting loop holes to enhance google ranking.
22. Prevent hyperlinks to bad neighborhood such as web spammers, weblink farms, phishing, hacker, crack, gambling, porn and fraud websites. Linking to them will has an effect on your online look for results positioning positions.
23. Do not make an effort to join in weblink schemes, extreme reciprocal hyperlinks or extreme weblink exchanging and exchanging links web rings.
24. Do not use unauthorized programs or online tools to publish your website, check web page positions and other automated queries. Prevent the risk of being flagged as junk.
25. Do not use hidden written text and hyperlinks. Show to google what you display to your vistors. It will significantly affect your website's reputation.
26. Do not make an effort to develop webpages that contains phishing, fraud, viruses, trojans, backdoors, spyware, adware and other malicious programs.
27. Create your website useful and informative.
28. Enhance your backlink building. Connect to high PR websites. Quality of appropriate hyperlinks are far more important than quantity. Links will significantly enhance your website's exposure, reputation and positions. Search search engines consider hyperlinks as votes to your website.
29. Examine your web page weblink structure. Every web page should be reachable by a single static written text weblink.
30. Gentle in purchasing SEO services. Some uses illegal and questionable ways to enhance positions.
31. Do not buy or sell hyperlinks.
32. Do not create websites that contains purely affiliate hyperlinks and no valuable material that are useful to the users.
I hope these tips will add more reputation and exposure to your website. Enjoy!